Friday, December 12

It's been too long...

I have to share something more personal that poetry and quizzes every now and then. So, what we're going to do tomorrow night, brain, is try and take over the world, one house at a time. It seems best to start with my own.

Things can get pretty crazy with the half a dozen people here. I'm not complaining, really, but everyone else is. It's a den of gossip, conspiracy, and lies...and if that's not redundant enough, I don't know what is. I don't know what's worse: all the damn kids or all the damn BS. Now let me say, they're all college age, and leave it at that.

Anyway, I finally couldn't take anymore, of any of it. Everyone got a hefty dose of Toys worst medicine (I don't mean laughter!). Would you believe I even gave these rants/speeches/tirades with notes or paper? Impromptu never felt so damn good. I was surprised to see things change immediately...it only took a couple days to notice all the things that didn't. But it's not a war, just a myriad of neverending battles. The more I fix, the more complaints I hear. I guess the problems were there before, but I hadn't heard them. But now that the honest airing of grievances has begun, I certainly can't stop it. I guess we just need a lil' more back-scratching. It even seems to rub-off on all those who enter. It's more contagious than the flu that they've all had the past few weeks.

Today's moral: You can't please everybody all the time, but you can help those who bitch the loudest....What a nice customer-service-friendly attitude -- how seasonal.

No comments: